Sunday 28 July 2013

The 5:2 Diet and How to Make It Work for You

,
We all manage to put weight on, from time to time, especially in winter when we tend to eat more. We pay the price of overeating, by having to go on a diet, which none of us like the thought of. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have our food, eat what we like and still lose weight?

I may have the answer here. I have researched diets and came upon the 5:2 diet. The 5:2 diet is one of the latest diets to be released. It is an easy diet to understand. It is basically eat what you like in moderation for 5 days but for 2 days a week you consume just 500 calories a day for women or 600 calories a day for men.
This might sound harsh but can be done if you are careful and clever with your meals on those days. The two days of limited calories are not to be consecutive but to be allocated through the week e.g. Sunday and Wednesday.

This diet claims to not only help you lose weight but also make you feel younger, live longer and even ward off dementia Some people who are on this diet have also claimed to be rid of their diabetes 2, which is a real bonus. The reasons given for helping you lose weight is first, it is much easier to keep going with the fast days of the diet, when you know you can eat normally the next day and secondly, it sets the metabolism going on those 2 days and continues to work hard until the next limited calorie day. This is also known as intermittent fasting.

From reading reviews and forums, I can see that the average weight loss is half a kilo (one pound) per week and seems to be quite consistent. Of course you can speed this up by going for walks or other exercise but is not necessary. Many people have reached their goal but are staying on it, as they feel it is also improving their health. They can adjust their calorie intake when they are on maintenance so they stay a steady weight.

I have recently started this diet and have also had one of my 500 calorie days. It was not as hard as I thought. There are many low-calorie recipes on the web for my use. I had a small serve of all bran for breakfast, homemade vegetable soup for lunch and a small piece of grilled fish, with a few vegetables for tea. This did not exceed the allowed calories and I didn't feel hungry. Of course I will vary what I have in 2 days time.

I feel this is definitely an achievable diet, no matter how much you have to lose.

This subject is close to my heart as I have been trying different diets for years. I am now well on my way to a healthy lifestyle change and am happy to share my ideas and tips. Please visit http://www.slimeasydiet.com for more motivational ideas and tips.


source : The 5:2 Diet and How to Make It Work for You

0 comments to “The 5:2 Diet and How to Make It Work for You”

Post a Comment