Friday 16 August 2013

Weight Loss, Exercise, and Hunger - It's Okay to Feel Hungry!

,
Have you ever wondered just why exercise helps you lose weight? I sure have. Think about it for a minute. We all know that exercising regularly is one of the keys to weightloss. Fair enough, but every time I exercise, I get really hungry afterward. So I eat. But still I lose weight!

Well, researchers at the Faculty of Medicine at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology have come up with some truly groundbreaking findings. It turns out that regular exercise sends two types of signals to your body and mind. One set of signals tells you to eat more. The other (wait for it!) tells your body to eat less. Huh?

The researchers took 22 overweight and people, put them on a 12 week exercise program, and told them not to change their eating habits at all. What happened was that the participants lost weight and felt hungry BUT ALSO felt more full after meals and were more in tune with their body's hunger control system.
Wow. I know that's heavy stuff, but here's the payoff for you: If you want to lose weight, you just have to do some exercise. (You also probably should change the type of foods you eat too, but that's not what we're discussing here!) The exercise that you do will make you shed some pounds all by itself. And on top of that, it will make your body better at recognizing the hunger signals that control when you feel hungry and how much we eat to feel full.

It all goes to show that the human body is an amazing machine - and one that runs much better with good fuel and good activity.

I got interested in this subject because I needed to lose more than a few pounds of fat. I started an exercise program that only takes me a few minutes a week, and has resulted in huge improvements - the first time I did my belt another notch tighter I think the whole house heard me yell! Trust me, exercise for weight loss is worth the effort.

I know you probably don't want to read the journal article that these finding come from. (I did, so you don't have to!) but just in case you do, you'll find it in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Feb 2010. The main author is Catia Martins.

If you would like to learn more about losing weight permanently, please have a look at my site [http://myguidetoweightloss.com] and I'll show you what worked for me!



source : Weight Loss, Exercise, and Hunger - It's Okay to Feel Hungry!

0 comments to “Weight Loss, Exercise, and Hunger - It's Okay to Feel Hungry!”

Post a Comment