Thursday 11 July 2013

Q & A With Olivia Munn

,

By Stephanie Stephens
WebMD Magazine - Feature

Maybe you saw Olivia Munn as ambitious financial reporter Sloan Sabbith on the first season of HBO's The Newsroom, created by Aaron Sorkin. The show, returning for season two this summer, depicts avid newshounds at a fictional cable TV network. Or perhaps you watched her three-episode arc on FOX's New Girl or caught her in the male-stripper film tribute, Magic Mike, also starring Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey. Her other notable big- and small-screen outings include the independent film The Babymakers, the film comedy I Don't Know How She Does It, Comedy Central's The Daily Show With Jon Stewart (as a correspondent), and NBC's Perfect Couples and Chuck. She divides her time between Los Angeles and New York City.

Q. What's your go-to great tip for great skin care?

Recommended Related to Women

Top Women’s Health Stories of 2008: Readers’ Choice

Are you normal? That’s a question on a lot of women’s minds when it comes to personal health. It was also a good year for beating belly fat and finding ways to fight fatigue.   Those topics are among the most viewed women’s health stories on WebMD for 2008.   5 Things You Didn't Know About Your Period How to Handle Embarrassing Problems 5 Home Remedy No-Nos Vaginal Problems That Affect Your Sex Life Banish the Bags Under Your Eyes ...

Read the Top Women’s Health Stories of 2008: Readers’ Choice article > >

I keep Oil of Olay Daily Facial Cloths next to the bed, along with Evian Mineral Water Spray, both great for when I'm so tired. Neither irritates my skin. Plus, I use a loofah face scrub sponge to exfoliate my face and neck every day -- then I splash with water or toner.

Q. When you're overworked and stressed out, how do you reset and unwind? 

I watch TV and let myself eat what I want -- and I just started seeing a trainer for the first time in 7 years. I like to dance with my friends and maybe do some Pilates.

Q. What's your go-to healthy snack and why?

Green olives, with the seed inside, because they take longer to eat, and I don't eat as many; great for when I crave something salty and need to crunch. 

Q. What's your healthy dinner?

I use my Crock-Pot and make turkey chili with lean, ground organic turkey and fresh vegetables chopped in big pieces. I add kidney beans or pinto beans and tomatoes. I top with fat-free Greek yogurt, jalapenos, cilantro, and a celery stick on the side.

Q. What three ingredients are always in your refrigerator or pantry?

From Trader Joe's, I've got to have the organic orange juice and those Mini Mint Ice Cream Mouthfuls. For drinks around my pool, I keep Bob & Stacy's Premium Margaritas in pouches -- ready to go!

Q. What do you stash in your trailer?

I keep blister peanuts for that crunch. Also jelly beans, with only 4 calories each. I don't just grab a handful -- I'm picky about which ones I eat!

Q. What does a perfect day look like for you, when you have no place to be and no calls to return? How do you define "me time"?

Some days even getting a manicure, pedicure, or facial feels like work. "Me time" is when my house is cleaned up and in order, and I don't have to put away clothes when I wake up. Then my girlfriends come over, hang out by the pool, and order in Thai food. Later, I'll watch a movie with my boyfriend.



source : Q & A With Olivia Munn

0 comments to “Q & A With Olivia Munn”

Post a Comment