Wednesday 31 December 2014

Q&A With Molly Sims

,

The model mom dishes on how she stays beautiful and balanced.

Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker

By Elizabeth B. Krieger
WebMD Magazine - Feature

She may be girl-next-door gorgeous, but Molly Sims, 41, will be the first person to tell you just how much time and effort goes into getting camera-ready. And in her new book out this coming January, The Everyday Supermodel: My Beauty, Fashion, and Wellness Secrets Made Simple, she does just that.

This Kentucky-born actress and model, who has a 2-year-old son, Brooks, and another baby due next spring, bursts with clever makeup and fashion secrets, as well as details about her approach to health and wellness. A self-proclaimed girl's girl, Sims first rose to fame after appearing in many Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues, and later she starred for five seasons on NBC's Las Vegas.

Sims reveals how she stays beautiful and balanced while bringing up babies.

What changed most after you became a parent?

I was just talking with a friend about this, someone who is single, without kids. I said not only does she have freedom, but she has freedom without guilt! I celebrated my anniversary with Scott [film producer Scott Stuber] and left Brooks to go to Boston. That was so hard. I missed him. But I try to remember how important time for me, and time for us, really is.

What's the one piece of advice you'd give to every new mom?

I'd say that no matter what, you have to take care of yourself. My mom taught me this: Get out of your sweats. Find something to wear that you feel great in. That may be yoga pants, and if so, that's great. But more than that, it's about having a life -- and the more you maintain that, the better you will be as a wife, a mother, a person, and you will be the best "you" that you can be.

What kind of mom do you hope to be?

There are a hundred different ways to parent, but I think that my folks set a great example for me because they were first and foremost my parents, and definitely not my friends. Yes, my mom and I are best friends now, but as a teenager, I needed a mom.



source : Q&A With Molly Sims

0 comments to “Q&A With Molly Sims”

Post a Comment